What am I Thankful for?

I am thankful for many different things. It’s easy to get caught up in the minor problems life brings; however at the end of the day, I’m thankful for everything life brings. I’m thankful for being able to travel to different places in the world, and I’m also thankful for the fact that I have a loving family, an education, and a roof over my head. I’m thankful for both the little and big things in life.

I’m definitely thankful for the fact that I’ve been able to travel to so many amazing places. I’ve been to different states and a couple of other countries too! I am aware that this really is a privilege. I’m thankful that I’m able to learn so much about different cultures and the world around me from travel. Travel really is an important tool that shouldn’t be taken for granted.

I’m also thankful for my education. An education is something that is often taken for granted, however it really shouldn’t be. In fact, there are millions of children who are refugees or who are living in developing countries who get a poor or no education at all. This makes me realize how lucky I am to have an education.

I’m also very thankful for the little things such as the fact that I have a roof over my head. To others, this “little thing” is more of a “big thing”. Many people are going through a crisis such as fleeing war or losing their job. However, while these people are struggling to find a home, a job, an education, or hope for the future, we never even think of having a roof over our head.

In conclusion, I’m so thankful for everything I have in my life. While we may be worried about an upcoming test, others are desperate to find an education. Sometimes you have to open up your eyes to the world around you. Our problems may not be as major as we really think they are.

Thanksgiving Facts       Thanksgiving Pie Recipe

2 comments

1. Miss W. · November 27, 2016 at 3:47 am ·

Hi Alex,
    A great post. I agree being able to travel is definitely an important thing to be thankful for. I am sorry but something in your settings doesn’t allow the post to be flipped to our magazine. You might need to have your teacher check that on the class blog the settings allow search engines.

• alexnfra8 · November 29, 2016 at 6:43 pm ·

Our teacher reset the settings yesterday on Monday the 28th. Would you let me know if it works now?